- BIOTECH BOMBSHELL: Theranos executives Elizabeth Holmes and Ramesh “Sunny” Balwani have been charged with "massive fraud" by the SEC,Institutional Investor reports. This is after the two claimed for years that their purportedly revolutionary blood testing device actually worked. Spoiler alert: it didn't.
- THE END: Toys 'R' Us will soon close its doors, but Amazon isn't to blame, CNNreports. Instead, blame the private equity firms that saddled the toy retailer with debt through a leveraged buyout.
- THE TIPPING EQUATION: The New York Times released an investigative report this week on the ways servers have to endure sexual harassment to ensure they are well-tipped.
- THE MEDICAL WAGE GAP: Female doctors are paid far less than male doctors, according to Bloomberg. Related: The wage gap starts when we're teens, according to the Guardian.
- 21 SAVAGE ON MONEY: Rapper 21 Savage has announced that he's launching a financial literacy program for kids, according to All Black Media.
- TESLA EXODUS: Another Tesla executive has left the company, Markets Insiderreports. This is the second finance executive to leave the tech company in the past week.
- SNAP BETTER HAVE RIH'S MONEY: Snapchat's stock fell nearly 5% on Thursday after the app ran a problematic af ad about Rihanna's abuse by Chris Brown, Reuters reports. This isn't the first time the app's stock has fallen on celebrity input. In February, Kylie Jenner tweeted about Snapchat's updates and the app's stock lost $1.3 billion in value, according to Time.